DOES THE QATAR FOUNDATION ACCEPT OPEN GAY TEACHERS? IF NOT THEN WHY DOES FC BARCELONA ACCEPT ITS SPONSORSHIP? CAN YOU, SANDRO ROSELL, ANSWER MY QUESTION, PLEASE? CAL QUE TRADUEIXI?

dilluns, 16 d’agost del 2010

BLOGSPOT VS WORDPRESS

Image representing Blogger as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase
During two or three years I've been using wordpress and in fact I still have the blog http://gaycat.wordpress.com.

But I have opened this new blog in order to put only posts in English (in the other blog the posts could be in Catalan and Castilian too) and also to know about blogspot.

So in this post I will write about the things I'm learning about blogspot having in mind what I know about wordpress. If you have a blogger account and
WordPressImage via Wikipedia
 you would like to taste wordpress maybe we could help each other.

The first thing I realise is that blogspot and wordpress blogs are quite different. You cannot say one is good and the other bad because it depends on what you look into.

I am happy to be in blogspot now because now I have realised the good things that wordpress has. Although I also realised that it had also things not so good:


WORDPRESS LOOKS MORE BEAUTIFUL
For example, the look of the blogs seems to me more beautiful in wordpress. In blogspot I have the feeling there is no order. In wordpress the different structures inside the page have a total order. In blogspot I see that one thing goes more to the right than the other, etc.

BLOGSPOT GIVES YOU MORE FREEDOM
In Blogger you find possibilities never seen in wordpress.com. For exemple, you have the code of the blog. For free. You can change it. So if you know a lot about scripts, css, html maybe blogger is better as you have the code. In wordpress I have never seen the html page code. In fact you can change the css but not for free.

WORDPRESS.COM ADMITS NOT MY JAVASCRIPT
One of the reasons I wanted to have a blogger blog is because in wordpress you cannot add javascript for security reasons. That's a nightmare because you alway find nice things for your blog that you cannot put.

WORDPRESS INTERFACE IS MORE CLEAR AND BEAUTIFUL
When you are working with wordpress you have a very beautiful and clear interface. I've realised that when I have come to blogger. It is as if wordpress developers were more worried about the design of what they do and blogger did not care much.
If it was a shop then wordpress would be a very pretty shop, very clean where you have some well made good products. On the other hand Blogger would be a not very pretty shop, with a bit of disorder, with products still inside boxes maybe. It would be one shop that woud not be so appealing. But it would be a shop that if you know what you are searching you will find things that the wordpress shop does not offer.
-------
December 15th 2010

Now it is four months since I have this Blogger account! I must say that I still like a lot my wordpress blog but now I realise that Blogger is also wonderful.
If you want to see waht you can do with Blogger or with Wordpress.com I propose you just visit my two blogs so you can compare!: gaydotcat.blogspot.com and gaydotcat.wordpress.com.

Now, for example in the wordpress blog I have snow! But in Blogger you can put ads without any problem. In wordpress.com you can choose a lot of posts not to be published. In Blogger you have to do that one by one! (ot to have all posts out of reach!) I have discovered that the best is to have two blogs. One in Wordpress and one in Blogger. To start I would begin in wordpress as the blogs look much more beautiful. But once you know I think that in Blogger you can do better maybe. For example, in Blogger, I can change the code! I have a black background. In Wordpress.com it depends on the theme you can or you cannot costumize. But the Wordpress.com dashboard is much more beautiful. And in Wordpress I have the sense of a community. And there is a kind of order! You have bodt.wordpress.com to know the blog or post of the day in different languages!



Enhanced by Zemanta

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada