DOES THE QATAR FOUNDATION ACCEPT OPEN GAY TEACHERS? IF NOT THEN WHY DOES FC BARCELONA ACCEPT ITS SPONSORSHIP? CAN YOU, SANDRO ROSELL, ANSWER MY QUESTION, PLEASE? CAL QUE TRADUEIXI?

diumenge, 24 d’octubre del 2010

GOOGLE AS A HIDER ENGINE

Image representing Google as depicted in Crunc...Image via CrunchBase
The most probable way you have reached this post is by Google. Another possibility is that you have seen a tweet about this post. Twitter is a fast way to show the posts to the world but it is very ephimeral as tweets seem to last not much time.
Most people around the world think of Google as a search engine. They think that Google will help them to find what they are searching. Is that so?
During years I've been in love with Google. Thanks to Google I thought I could find anything on the web. Besides, I was also very happy with Google becasue thanks to Google I knew people could find what I was uploading to the Internet.
Maybe you still see Google as a way to find. But is that really what Google is doing?
Well, for some weeks I have realised that Google, besides been a search engine is also a hider engine.
A hider engine?
Let me explain. If when you use Google you think that Google will show the things you look and that are already on the Internet and Google does not want to show them. How you call that? I call that hiding.

And currently Google is acting with my blogs as a search engine and as a hider engine. If I write in my blogspot blog then Google acts as a search engine and you can find my content. If I write in my wordpress blog then Google acts as a hider engine and you can't find my content.

If you do not believe me let me tell you that I have written these post in two blogs. But Google indexes the post in blogspot and not the post in wordpress. And it happens that most of my posts are in wordpress and the wordpress blog is very well designed. But Google does not take that into account. Should I write only in blogger because Google then acts as a search engine.

Well, now you know what has happened to me. Maybe in the future it happens to you. I've been almost ten years loving Google. Now for a month I have realised that the monopoly of Google is a very big danger as it randomly or not acts as a hider engine instead of a search engine. And as we depend on a private company I cannot know what happens.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada